Rely on professional coating consultancy to optimize performance
Navigating the wide range of coatings and finding the right one for your project is not as easy as one might think. It is not simply a matter of choosing a coating and slapping it on, there are many factors and elements to consider: a coating needs to be chosen keeping in mind the substrate, the environment, the use, and the potential hazards, as well as factors such as film thickness and application method. For the best possible results, you need professional expertise which a coating consultancy company can provide you with.
In this article we will outline the various ways a coating advisory firm will assist you with your coating project, from initial assessment to specification, maintenance and failure analysis. We will also provide you with a list of coating consultancy firms operating in Qatar.
You should consider contacting a coating consultancy firm when…
…you want to ensure the success and durability of your coating project. A coatings consultant can be brought into a project at any point: their job is to consult and advise you as to the best coatings solutions, materials and application methods at every step. A coating consultancy firm can:
- Provide technical guidance about products, treatments, coatings, and services that will best suit your specification
- Recommend a complete coating solution for your specified project
- Assist economically by selecting the most effective materials, coatings, and linings for the right price, and dealing with contractor bids
- Assist in creating a coating specification to assure flawless performance
- Conduct a site survey and provide an individual recommendation regarding the current state of coatings
- Investigate a coating failure and provide solutions
Inspection and survey of the substrates and environments, a specification and coating system designed specifically for your site and project, and quality assurance checks throughout the coating process are the ingredients for a successful coating application and optimal performance results. A certified professional consultant on site from the beginning is the best way to secure a long-lasting and effective coating system.
Coating consultancy for 5 stages of your project
The job of a coating consultant is a broad one. In order to help select a coating system that is best tailored to a project and will provide the best possible performance, a coating consultant needs to evaluate and understand the needs of the project, the needs of the coating, and the regulatory and industry standards. They provide expertise and advice at every step of the coating process:
- Design – Analysing and assessing building plans to determine potential coating issues and find ways to deal with them is a solid part of coating advisory. A coating consultant also advises on how to best plan our project so as to minimize cost and maximise performance.
- Planning & specifications – Writing specifications, preparing documentation, selecting products, project management, field and laboratory testing are all part of a coating consultant’s portfolio.
- Application – This stage includes quality assurance testing, and assessing the application process from surface preparation to film thickness and environmental conditions.
- Project delivery – The final survey of the coating system and assurance that the job complies with the specification.
- Failure analysis – If the worst happens and something goes wrong, coating consultancy companies also perform failure analysis and investigation.
Find a coating advisory firm in Qatar
In Qatar, there are several companies which specialize in coating consultancy for different sectors such as architecture, marine, and general industrial. If you are curios for more information about coating advisory companies and certified coating consultants in Qatar , do not hesitate to contact us! Our experts are here to help. All you need to do is send us an email or use our free quoting service by clicking on the request-a-quote -button at the bottom of this page.
The Qatari qualifications of a coating consultant
There are two main accreditation bodies operating in Qatar when it comes to coatings: NACE and ICorr. These are particularly important for coatings consultancy and coating inspections as they guarantee the expertise and skills of your consultant. Both of the bodies work on the basis of the international standards for the global coating industry. The standards are set by ASTM and ISO (International Organization of Standardization). The differences between the three bodies are:
- The National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) – The NACE Protective Coating Specialist (PCS) and Coating Inspector Program (CIP) certifications have been setting the standard in the protective coatings industry for more than 30 years. These programs provide an international certification and produce the highest calibre of paint inspectors and specialists.
- The Institute of Corrosion (ICorr) – ICorr is a corrosion institute which offers a number of courses that enable paint inspectors to acquire the necessary qualifications to carry out inspections in the field. ICorr certification is recognized internationally, also in Qatar. The certificates are given in three levels corresponding to the NACE levels.